Friday, August 7, 2009

Past Work: Illustration and Design

I thought I would upload some of my older design/illustration work which sort of shows the style of art that I'm into. There's a lot more, but these are the ones I'm still relatively happy with... though not wholly happy.


This dragon was illustrated in an attempt to do a good illustration of a dragon for once. I'm not very happy with the background and how the dragon sits in it, but I think the dragon itself is okay. A bit of a boring pose, but I think the colouring of the dragon in this illustration is quite good.


This was an RPG character I invented- Nimlith the Shadow. Though I like the overall composition of this piece, I'm not very happy with the face and hair. I did a lazy background for this piece, because I find that I'm really no good at drawing full backgrounds.


This piece is named 'Grâce à des Souvenirs', meaning 'Thanks for memories'. It was illustrated as a birthday present for my friend, David in response to a piece of music that the wrote for me. There are a million meanings in this illustration, and I was trying to achieve a sense of the impossible. I'm somewhat unhappy with the flow of cloth- especially around the hole. I had a lot of trouble working out how to do the background of this piece; when it should fade to black, and where. Overall however, I am quite happy with this piece.


No comments:

Post a Comment