Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Seraphim 9




So it occured to me that it's been a while since I did a digital illustration. My pen tablet was getting dusty! So I decided to do a quick sketch (quick for me anyway) of a character that I'm making a film about- Seraphim 9. Yes... both the character and the film are called Seraphim 9.

Because of my DIY mantra, this film is going to be made by, and starring ME. So this illustration is actually of me... in clothes that I do in fact own. And with a raygun I modded myself.


Taking a leaf from Greg Broadmore's book, I painted the quick sketch in PS and digitally 'pasted' it back onto the journal page where it was originally drawn. Around the illustration, you can see a rough sketch for an alien arm and some iconography for the film.


Overall this is nothing special. Just some good old fun.


Happy with- the hair, the raygun, the sash, the bandage

Unhappy with - the face, the lighting, the anatomy

No comments:

Post a Comment