Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Storyboards

A form of art that is often forgotten is storyboarding. Being a filmmaker, it's something that I do regularly, and it's taught me to draw fast. However, unlike most people, I tend to go into extreme detail when it comes to storyboarding, and I often try to indicate not only the shot size and angle, but also the lighting and mise-en-scene.

The following storyboard, which was produced as an assignment, should not need accompanying notes for it to be understood:





These next few pages are from my last film, 'Legion Street Antiques' (2010). These pages aren't consecutive so they won't make sense, but they display my initial ideas for the film's visual look. That's right... in my mind, Detective McGuinness looked a heck of a lot like Obi-Wan Kenobi.


No comments:

Post a Comment