Monday, August 2, 2010

N'oubliez Jamais


In 2009, I did this illustration for my good friend, David Taylor. It was in response to a piece of music that he wrote named 'Rappel d'un Souvenir', or 'Recalling a Memory' in French. Upon listening to that piece of music, imagery of a girl jumping into darkness with white cloth rippling around her burst into my mind, and thus did I feel compelled to illustrate it. I named this illustration 'Grace a des Souvenirs', or 'Thanks for Memories' in French.


A year later, 2010. I was still intrigued by the idea of what happened after the girl jumped, and so I did this illustration as a kind of sequel. I think it's apparent that my drawing technique has improved - if only slightly. This is one of the fastest full illustrations that I've ever done. I believe it only took me about 8 hours all up, which is pretty fast for me!
I named this piece 'N'oubliez Jamais', or 'Never Forget'. Whether you see this piece full of despair or full of hope is up to your interpretation. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment